Zyzyx - Level X Zyzyx - Level X

1:17 dolphin.

Most of this song is awesome, but I think some of the sounds don't quite match with the key of the song.

You say you used Serum? Time for me to start saving up!

Slowing Down Slowing Down

You always impress me with your interesting unexpected chord progressions and melodies.
Not to mention your amazing voice!

Teminite & Starr Chen - Fireflies (Zyzyx Remix) Teminite & Starr Chen - Fireflies (Zyzyx Remix)

Okay, I'll admit I only found this because I was searching Teminite to see if his music was on this site. Sadly, all there is is mediocre remixes of his stuff, but I decided to click some to see if they were actually any good.

And holy crap I was blown away! I gotta admit I wasn't expecting anything to be this well done. You managed to completely change the feel of the song, adding your own melodies and drop, while keeping the Teminite feel. This is just so sick!!

Now, I gotta give criticism too. I am a complete newbie at production, but I think that what I say should be helpful anyway. There's one thing that's bugging me about the mix, and that's the kick. It's way too loud, and there's too much sidechaining, Especially at the buildups. It kinda hurts my ears to be honest.

Other than that, it sounds perfect to my untrained ears!

DJ-Zyzyx responds:

Yeah, I get the same criticism for this song a lot xD The side chain is a bit too powerful, and The kick is too loud. Thanks for the feedback tho mate :)